Easy diamond pieced patchwork quilt by Sharon Mcconnell
Work in progress

Quickie Quilt with EZ Quilting Tri-Rec

Tri Recs ruler by Ez quilting

It feel so good to be sewing again! Last Saturday I told you about a brand new quilt project using new fabrics from Art Gallery…but I had to interrupt that beauty for a minute to do another. I have avoided taking on “commitment” projects the last few months because of school, but I was thrilled to accept the offer from EZ quilting to make a quilt with their Tri-Recs tool during my winter break.

Easy diamond pieced quilt by Sharon McConnell, pets on quilts

I already owned the EZ dresden plate ruler, but I had no idea they had so many different shapes of tools! I am excited to try out a few others, but first I am making this easy diamond quilt. I love the bright colors and simple design…really fun and easy to sew, which is good because I have to get it done and in the mail this week.

Easy diamond pieced patchwork quilt by Sharon Mcconnell

I finished the whole top in just three days (which is super fast for me, being a slow sewer and having two active boys, dogs…) and now am on to quilting. This is going to be free pattern that comes with the Tri-Rec tool, so watch your local craft and quilt shops in 2016. I would like to do some more designs with this, what do you think?

Black labrador puppy with tennis ball

On a personal note, for those following here for awhile you remember last summer I brought home a tiny black puppy. Emma is already seven months old and looking so grown up! She has been a delightful addition to our family, always active and busy but sweet as can be.

Merry Christmas to all!

15 thoughts on “Quickie Quilt with EZ Quilting Tri-Rec

1. Velda says:

I’m definitely going to make this for my 2nd modern(ish) quilt. Thanks for sharing.

2. Carol says:

I have this ruler set — but I haven’t used it yet. I would love to use it with this pattern … and to see more patterns for it too. Glad to hear it was quick! I have 3 young boys, and so quick projects are good for me too.

3. Jacqueline Skarritt says:

Love your quilt! Have the trir recs but haven’t used them so your creation is inspiration! Love your puppy too…. We had a black lab mix….. BEST. DOG. EVER. I’m sure Emma has become an indispensable part of your family!

4. Karen M says:

The Tri Rec tool has been on my wish list for a while. Love the bold geometric look with such a simple design. Thanks for sharing.

5. Anne says:

Very nice use of the ruler. I have triangle quilts on my list for 2016. Hope to explore a few different ones.

6. Paulette says:

What a cute quilt, and I love the photo of your sweet pooch with it! You know, I’ve had this tool for many years but haven’t made anything much with it. Forgot the reason I had to have it, to begin with, but now I’m glad I do. Would love to try this quilt sometime.

7. ChristaQuilts says:

I love the tri recs tools! Great design!

8. Sharon says:

What a fun fabrics — love the bright colors! Beautiful job! Enjoy your down time!

9. Rafa..gracias. Me he copiado la imagen , resistirá la torrida temperatura del mundo frito. Vengo justo de descargarme en casa de Antonio “amanece” sobre el tema, (pobre hombre menudo rollazo le he colocao) y con respecto a los e-mails, esta misma tarde empiezo la operación correspondencia…Gracias por transmitirme la oportunidad de hacer algo.

10. Thanks Russell! The team finished in the top 5 in the country, but didn’t win it all. We did win regionals and all of that stuff. We were able to play in everything, BUT the tournament. Since we were not undergraduate, degree pursuing students, we couldn’t play in the tournament games. We practiced and sat on the bench, though, which was a lot of fun.Pat could have actually played and contributed. I was clearly the 15th best player out of the team of 15 (and there was a large gap between 14 and 15).

11. attorney business cards ideas says:

Ask others about themselves, at the same time, be on guard not to talk too much about yourself.

12. vintage wedding invitations says:

Does anyone have a link to a higher quality version of this? I really want to frame it and put it on my desk

13. JessikaI think I inhabit the same cultural space as you and your friends and I like it. I like it a lot. But I don't see that space getting much bigger than it already is. Rather, I see it taking on the appearance of a subculture that will never become mainstream. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I'm sure it's true.

14. Thank-You June for the info, it will come in handy . Thank-You for your kindness in placing the info on this blog. We as a BIG Family here appreciate every bit of advice and help given.