So happy to mark one quilt top off my Work In Progress list: this is my Talia quilt top, made from a pattern I designed last winter for Hoffman Fabrics (you can download it free Here).
There are some fun options with these blocks that will make different looking quilts, see my previous post for ideas, Click Here.
I made this version of the pattern with fabrics I had in my stash already…lots of pretty pinks and aqua with some dark purple and gray for contrast. The white/gray dot print for the background is from Frances Newcombe’s “Cherie” collection from Art Gallery Fabrics (2014). While I like it a lot, I think if I did it again, I would probably choose a solid white so that the prints and patchwork design show better. The beautiful floral fabric around the edge is by Pat Bravo. I used Aurifil thread for the piecing.
The finished quilt top is 57″ square. I made mine a bit different from the original pattern in that it is smaller, and I also eliminated the tiny half-square triangles on either side of the solid pink and blue squares (this simplifies the piecing tremendously! wish I had thought of this option when I was writing the pattern). I like how this makes the butterfly shape with the squares and the larger floral fabric half-square triangles.
Since I am short on time these days and really want to get this finished, it is heading off to long arm quilter soon!
Have a great week,