Today I have the how-to on making the 26th block in the Super Simple Sampler. This month the theme is four-patch. Here we go!
from the bright yellow: cut (1) 2″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle, (1) 5″ x 2″ rectangle
dark yellow: cut (1) 5″ x 2″ rectangle, (1) 3 1/2″ x 2″ rectangle
light blue and pink (from each): cut (2) 2″ squares
Sewing: 1/4″ seam, right sides facing, press after each seam
1. Pair each blue 2″ square with a pink 2″ square and sew together. Press toward the blue.
2. Arrange the blue/pink units to form a four patch (as shown above) and sew them together. Press.
3. Sew the 3 1/2″ x 2″ dark yellow rectangle to the bottom side of the four patch. Press toward the yellow.
4. Sew the dark yellow 2″ x 5″ rectangle to the right side of the four patch (adjacent to the first yellow rectangle as shown above). Press toward the yellow.
5. Sew the 5″ x 2″ bright yellow rectangle to the bottom of the four patch/dark yellow unit. Press toward yellow.
6. Sew the last yellow rectangle to the right side of the larger sewn unit. Press.
the block should measure 6 1/2″.
These blocks are a fun and easy interval project, great for scraps or your favorite fabric collection. Thanks for sewing with me!