Welcome to the second block of our February Super Simple Sampler! This month our theme is ‘rectangles’ and today’s block is super cute. Here’s how to make your own:
from eight different prints: cut (1) 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ rectangle
from the light blue print: cut (8) 1 1/2″ squares; (4) 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ rectangles
(right sides facing, 1/4″ seam, press after each seam)
1. Sew a light blue 1 1/2″ square to one end of each print rectangle
2. Decide on the distribution of your prints and colors. Arrange the rectangles as shown above.
3. Sew the print rectangle units together in pairs on long edge as shown below:
4. The print rectangle pair units should measure 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″. Sew a 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ blue rectangle to one side of each print unit. Ensure the pieces are oriented as shown above.
5. Each unit now measures 3 1/2″ square. Sew the units together first in pairs. Press toward light blue.
6. Sew the two halves together to complete the block.
Although it has lots of little pieces, I think this block is totally worth the effort! I hope you like it, too.