Here we go: block #7 of the Super Simple Sampler series, continuing our theme of triangles for October.
from the pink: (2) 3 1/2″ squares
from the blue check: (2) 3 1/2″ squares
from each of the yellow and the gray: (3) 2″ squares
1. Arrange the yellow and gray squares so that they cover the corners of the larger squares as shown. Turn the yellow and gray squares over and mark a diagonal line on the wrong side (I do this by finger pressing a crease, but you can use a pencil, too). Replace the yellow squares, right sides facing their respective pink or blue check square.
2. Sew on the marked line across the yellow square. Trim the outer corner of both fabrics to 1/4″ seam as shown below:
Open and press the yellow triangle. This makes the yellow corners on the larger triangles.
3. Repeat the same steps to add the gray squares, trim and press to make gray corners on the larger triangles.
4. Sew the pink square in the upper left to the blue check on the lower left. Do the same for the squares on the right. Press toward the pink.
5. Sew the two halves of the block together.
Hope you enjoy these little block instructions. Even if you aren’t sewing with me, maybe you will get your own ideas from them.