Another day in October and it is another triangle block for the Super Simple Sampler! If you missed the other blocks in this series, you can find all of them Here. These are six inch quilt blocks I have designed and I am publishing the instructions to make four each month, then a sampler quilt next summer with all of them.
from each of the light and dark blue: (1) 3 1/2″ square, cut diagonally to yield two half-square triangles of each (HST). I used the leftover triangles from the last block and cut two more so they would all be different.
from the light gray print: (2) 3 1/2″ squares, cut diagonally to yield four HST
from the yellow: (1) 1 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ strip, and (2) 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ strips
1. Lay the pieces out as shown above. Match each blue HST with a gray HST and sew them together along the long edge, making HST square units for the corners of the block. Press the seams open.
2. Arrange the HST units so that the dark blue fall on opposite corners and the light blue on opposite corners with the gray toward the center.
3. Sew the HST units on opposite sides of the 3 1/2″ yellow strips. Press toward the yellow.
4. Trim the HST/yellow units as needed to 3″ x 6 1/2″, removing the “dog ears” from the HST’s.
5. Sew the HST units to opposite sides of the 6 1/2″ yellow strip to complete the block. Press toward the yellow in the center.
I hope you are enjoying these as much as I am! We have two more triangle blocks left to do to complete eight blocks for October.