treasure map quilt by Sharon McConnell for color girl quilts, modern cross quilt
Finished Quilts

Treasure Map Quilt

I have a new pattern to introduce to you!
(and I will give some away, too)
 I have finished the Treasure Map quilt and pattern, and now have it in my shop. This design is perfect for using either a layer cake or fat eight bundle (I used the fabric collection “Mod Century” from Moda) along with some solids for a modern look. The solids in my quilt are linen/cotton blend and I like the texture that they lend.

The pattern includes instructions for a small lap quilt or crib quilt (54″ x 56″). I backed mine with flannel to make it nice and snuggly and a bit heavier. It is quilted with Sashiko stitching in black thread.

Finishing this quilt and pattern was my goal for the month, so I am linking up with a Lovely Year of Finishes.

If you would like your own copy of this pattern, leave me a comment on this post. Tell me what kind of fabrics you would use for the design and/or what creative spin you could put on it. I will draw some names next week and send out some free copies.
Happy Quilting!

My Button

11 thoughts on “Treasure Map Quilt

1. Gill says:

What a great quilt Sharon!
    I would make it in prints – maybe my last bits of Ruby or some Chicopee. but I wonder how it would look in solids? either the background or the cross in solids? Maybe someone with EQ could try it???

2. mtnquiltr says:

Another great pattern! My first thought was to have diagonal rows of crosses in different colours, giving it a diagonal stripe look. Then I thought, white crosses on coloured backgrounds. There are so many possibilities!

3. Vicki H says:

I would make it in kid prints for a throw for the grandkids. Of course I would have to make two, one for each household.

4. Nifty Quilts says:

Great pattern! I love the design, your colors and the black sashiko stitching. It all just sparkles!

5. Patty says:

Your quilt is darling. I’ve been collecting red & aqua fabrics and I think this pattern would be a good one to show off the fabrics.

6. Snoodles says:

Sharon, this is wonderful! You are showing off your talents with these designs….I love the idea of the black sashiko stitching and would love to see you post a closeup for us!

7. Cathy says:

Sharon another spectacular quilt. I think I would do the quilt in reproduction fabrics. It is so beautiful. Hugs

8. What a lovely quilt and it’s a pattern too! Great job! Thanks for linking up

9. Peggy says:

Sharon:

Love this pattern. I think I would make it out of Marmalade or Vintage by Bonnie and Camille.

Love your blog!

10. cvdnurse says:

I think some black and white fabrics, with some of my precious blue and green batiks. What a lovel pattern – it lends itself to all kinds of fabric choices.
    Susan in PA
    susie.galasso@gmail.com

11. Jenn Ski says:

Hi, is the quilt for sale?