Announcements

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts, that’s me!

So, I have been unofficially following lots of quilting blogs for quite awhile. I decided it was time to share my own inspiration and hopefully join some conversations!
I’m Sharon, and I live in the Columbus, Ohio, area. I don’t know if living in Ohio technically makes me a yankee or not, but that is my quilting name, Yankee Quilter.
I have one full time job…see below…two very blonde little boys, who are busy and tons of fun to have.
I am also married, but the hubby is pretty much self-sufficient except when it comes to throwing away empty envelopes after opening the mail…so Wife-ing qualifies as a part-time job, along with lots of other things.
I love quilts! obviously, since that is what I am here to talk about. Here is my most recently finished project:
the New York Beauty blocks are from the book “beauty ‘n check” by Janice Ellertson and Jodel Yover, the setting and borders are my own design. This baby went to the quilter last week and I cannot wait to get it back! it is also my first quilt with a Kaffe fabric (the large floral border).
What’s on my sewing table right now?
Scrapbooking stuff! I am disciplining myself to catch up my kids’ books before moving on to a new quilt project. (this is made easier by the fact my main machine is in the shop with tension problems).
it’s okay, it’s fun to play with the pretty paper and go over pictures of the kids and vacations and stuff.
did I mention I also have an actual paying job? well, that just pays for my habits*
Hope you’ll join my adventure!
*habit, defined:  Starbucks, Fabric, Plants

17 thoughts on “Quilts, Quilts, Quilts, that’s me!

1. Em says:

You took the plunge!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Okay Ladies I will be watching you… Do have fun

3. Miki Willa says:

It is nice to meet you. I have been watching some of your quilts on Em’s blog. Welcome to blogland.

1. Sharon says:

Thanks for stopping by!

4. Snoodles says:

Welcome to our virtual quilting community! It’s lots of fun here, and so many inspiring quilters to watch and to talk to! Love your quilt finish…your boys are cute, and your pup looks so sweet. 🙂 I’ve been following Em’s blog for quite a while — now I’m your newest follower!

5. Sallie says:

Welcome to blogland! Your boys are so cute! I love the bright colors in your quilt!

6. Janet says:

Welcome Sharon. Em talks about you lots. I would love to follow your blog but you need to add the GFC follow button to your blog. I don’t like following by e-mail. Your boys are super cute!

7. ♥Duff says:

Love your color choices for the NY beauty block!

HEY JANET! IN google reader, top left hand side, there’s a button that says “subscribe” click on that and then add Sharon’s blog http://fabricsandflowers.blogspot.com/ in the box. then you’ll receive her blog updates.

8. Gill says:

Welcome sharon!
    I already follow Em so we hear about you! it’s nice to meet you!
    I love your NYB quilt- fabulous colours!
    I’m your newest follower!

9. LynCC says:

Hi, Sharon! I’ve been a follower of Em and have loved seeing some of your projects that she’s shared. Nice to see you officially join Quilty BlogLand! I’ll have to add you to my blogroll. 😀 Not sure how experienced you are yet with navigating Blogger, but my place is at http://www.whatahootquilts.blogspot.com if you feel like surfing.

10. bjmccomber says:

Welcome, I am not a quilter but follow several talented bloggers (addicted actually), have enjoyed your work on Em’s site. There seem to be as many styles as quilters.

11. Nifty Quilts says:

Congratulations on your new blog! I have admired your quilts from Em’s blog for a long time.

12. Welcome to the fun and wonderful world of blogging 🙂 So happy you joined the party!

I absolutely love your quilt…it is amazing and I would be only so lucky to make something that beautiful one day. I enjoy doing scrapbooking too….but unfortunately I’m way behind….too busy with other things right now…but one day I’ll get back to it.

Smiles,
    Kelly

13. Jodi says:

welcome to the bloggy world! Love your beautiful quilt, and your sister’s blog! I have an unfinished photo scrapbook of my (also blonde) son which should have been completed when he graduated from high school four years ago! Now I’m so engrossed in quilting I have no interest. I should follow your example and just get it done!
    Looking forward to “following” you. Have fun!

14. Mimi says:

Yay! More inspiration from the same bloodline… I have been following your sister Em for sometime now and look forward to your future blog posts!! Love the colours of your quilt too!

15. Sujata Shah says:

Hi Sharon!
    Welcome to the blogland. I love your sister Em’s spirit! She sent me here. I have seen your quilts on her blog and I must say, your family is quite a creative bunch.
    Happy quilting/blogging!

16. Vesuviusmama says:

I’m so glad you decided to blog! I’ve heard so much about you from your sister; now I’m excited to hear about you from YOU!