Uncategorized

My New Store…

Okay, I am so excited I could bust!
It has long been my dream to write and create actual patterns for the quilts I create.
I happen to be friendly with the owner of two local quilt shops (Quilt Beginnings, Columbus, Ohio). Last spring, she liked a quilt I made so much she asked me to teach it as a class at the shop! I quickly wrote it up as a pattern and she carries them at the store. Here is the original quilt:

In order to write the pattern, I made a second version with more muted, kind of autumn colors, which is also the one that appears on the cover of the pattern:

So here is why I am so excited:
I opened a shop….see my sidebar….where my pattern can be purchased!
I wrote another pattern today and have been sewing on that quilt, so that will be added soon!

I know, I know, my shop has one item so far. But it’s a start, right?

Have a great weekend!

6 thoughts on “My New Store…

1. Miki Willa says:

Congratulations! It is a wonderful start. I love the pattern and look forward to seeing many more.

2. Snoodles says:

Congratulations! It’s the first step of what will be many! (I foresee a bright future! LOL) Seriously, best wishes and hope to see many more patterns!

3. LynCC says:

Fun!! Merry Go ‘Round is a terrific quilt.

4. Em says:

Congrats Sharon!!!!!! Mom and I are so excited and cannot wait to see the current pattern u r working on!! Wished u were w us yesterday while we searched for Nifty Quilt’s exhibit and saw the African American collection in Bellevue. Love u!

5. Vesuviusmama says:

You have to start with just one – that’s how everything starts! But what a wonderful pattern to start with! Best of luck as you expand your shop and chase your dreams!

6. Melissa says:

That is fantastic!!! Congratulations on opening your shop! I can’t wait to see the rest of your patterns!!!