Summer Bloom quilt by Sharon McConnell with Art Gallery Fabrics
Quilting Interest, Summer Bloom

Finished Quilt Top! Sew Fun Curves

Summer Bloom quilt by Sharon McConnell with Art Gallery Fabrics

Cue the trumpets: I finished my latest quilt in progress (the top, at least)! I have had so much fun with piecing this quilt. I set out to make something completely new and unique to showcase my beautiful fabrics and colors, and challenge myself with the piecing….I love how it turned out and it is not nearly as tricky to piece as it looks!

I am thinking about calling this “Summer Bloom”, and plan to write a pattern for it. I hope there will be some interest out there for a pattern. The fabrics are primarily from the Lavish collection by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics. Of course, I added a few other AGF prints from my stash, too. As always, I piece with Aurifil thread.Summer Bloom quilt by Sharon McConnell with Art Gallery Fabrics

I kind of surprised myself with how quickly this top went together and I am glad because I didn’t want this to become a long lost project never finished. I have learned something about myself recently: If I start a quilt and make it all the way through without starting something new, I finish. If I allow myself to be interrupted (which is soooo tempting!), quilts in progress can sometimes get put off for a really long time.

It’s the “squirrel!” phenomenon, right? In this world of constantly releasing new and beautiful fabrics and my mind full of ideas, it is easy to start a whole bunch of things and not finish many. I feel so proud when I do one all the way through to finish!

I do plan to send this to one of my talented quilter friends for Pro-Quilting, so I need to get a backing ready and then get to chasing all those squirrels that have been going by the last couple of weeks.

14 thoughts on “Finished Quilt Top! Sew Fun Curves

1. nellie diaz says:

i really like your colors in quilt top job well done, i enjoy your website very much and your tutorial are super great learning tips. i,ve learned alot thank you so much Sharon .nellie

2. Helen LeBrett says:

Sharon, I think this is a fantastic pattern, and I’d certainly love to buy it! you really are a talented designer! Hugs, H

3. Ellen Weiss says:

Hi Sharon, I love your quilt, it’s awesome. And I am absolutely interested in the pattern though I think I roughly can figure out how you made it.

4. Janet says:

I love this! I immediately thought that this would be a quilt I would want to make. So please write that pattern! I know it’s a lot of work, but you have at least one interested quilter, and I’d say many more. If all I ever get to do is look at it and marvel at its beauty and your talent, I guess I can settle for that. Thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt!

5. LINDA ASHER says:

I would love a pattern–I really like this quilt

6. Sue says:

I would buy the pattern if it is a PDF pattern.

7. Jacqueline Skarritt says:

Polka Dot Bikini has always been my favorite but Summer Bloom has replaced that! That quilt is simply gorgeous!! I almost never work from a pattern but I will purchase this one when it becomes available. Summer is amazing in Katarina Roccella but I’ll bet would be pretty fantastic in whatever. Congratulations on creating a true work of art for all of us!!

Jackie

8. Lee says:

Great design! Those curves would make me nervous!

9. Janelle says:

Pattern Interest?! Yes, please!

10. LINDA D TOWNSEND says:

Sensational!

11. Amy says:

Would love to know when the pattern is available! My hubby picked it as the one he wanted for our bedroom!!! 🙂 GORGEOUS!!