Nov

New! Ring Around Quilt in Quilters’ Companion

Ring Around quilt pattern by Sharon McConnell, modern curved piecing wedding ring quilt

I have a new quilt pattern, and for those of you who love my curved piecing quilts, you are going to love Ring Around. The Ring Around quilt is featured in this month’s issue of Quilters’ Companion magazine, along with the pattern and templates to sew it. I have been waiting a long time to share this quilt, and I think it is one of my favorites of the past year. The pattern in the magazine is for a quilt like mine, which finishes at 48″ square. I used Aurifil thread and Hobbs batting. Quilting by Darby Myers of Quilted Squid.

I made my Ring Around quilt with a combination of  lots of prints…I really like how the yellow/green and pink piecing in the background complement the blue circles. I had so much fun choosing the fabrics for this… many were collected on a vacation I took summer 2014 to Seattle and Portland with my mom and sister. I love how the colors work together and that there is such a sparkling, distinctive pattern even with the variety of prints placed together.

Quilters companion magazine 2015

I haven’t received my issue of Quilters’ Companion yet, but when I do, I will tell you more about the other projects featured…I am loving the looks of that cover quilt by Chris Jurd!

If you are not in Australia, you can get Quilters’ Companion through Magzter (digital download).

Comments

1. Chris jurd November 17, 2015 at 2:31 am

Thanks Sharon for the plug! Your quilt in the mag is beautiful. It’s a curvy issue!

2. Helen LeBrett November 17, 2015 at 5:45 am

It’s another great quilt!! I especially love the curves in white and grey: with the two colors, it looks like they shimmer and are metallic! I also like how they seem to sit on top of the other fabrics, thus giving it a 3-D effect. Great Job!! 🙂 Hugs, H

3. Velda November 17, 2015 at 6:24 am

Love this quilt. The fabric in the rings is stunning. Wondering if you have another quilt along planned?

4. kris November 17, 2015 at 8:53 am

Wow the shape of that circle part is great.I love this…great job and congrats on getting in the mag!

5. Aileen November 17, 2015 at 4:51 pm

*gasp! That is stunning. I love this. I’ll have to chase up that magazine. Thanks!

6. Sharon Holland November 23, 2015 at 8:58 am

Stunning quilt Sharon! I love the subtle shift in grays on the rings. That combined with the quilting makes the rings look like they are embroidered on rather than pieced fabric. Beautiful quilt!

7. Ring Around Quilt, the Pattern is Here! - Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell Blog Archive » Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell January 13, 2016 at 10:01 pm

[…] visit my quilt pattern shop to order the pdf download now. Ring Around was originally published in Quilters’ Companion magazine in Australia, so for those who couldn’t get hold of that magazine, you can now make […]