Apr

Finished Quilt! Featuring New Etno Fabric

posted in Finished Quilts

Archer Quilt by Sharon McConnell with Etno fabrics by Pat Bravo

Sometimes the best things come from a spontaneous action, by jumping in to try something new, and working quickly. When Pat Bravo invited some sewers to create with her new fabric collection, Etno, from Art Gallery Fabrics, I sketched out a design, started cutting and sewing…and created an instantly favorite quilt (in record time for this slow sewer, too)!

Archer Quilt by Sharon McConnell with Etno fabrics by Pat Bravo

I was inspired by the ethnic, tribal feel of the fabric prints to try a new (to me) shape. I felt like this triangle would be just right to show off the beautiful fabrics as well as create a dynamic-looking patchwork design. I added some Art Gallery blenders that I had in my stash, including the oval elements, prisma elements, squared elements and the solid gray and white to round out my palette for color and print. I used Hobbs Heirloom batting and Aurifil thread in a dark gold color to quilt straight lines across the length of the quilt.

Archer Quilt by Sharon McConnell with Etno fabrics by Pat Bravo

One of the fun things about making this quilt was playing a bit with the layout. It could have been done with intentional placement of the colors and prints in diamond shapes by matching up two triangles, or a completely different effect by arranging them flying-geese-style in rows of color (see that layout on my previous post, Here). I am really a scrappy, random kind of quilt girl most of the time, so this final arrangement is definitely my favorite….I love the mixture of gold, pink and blue, and the unexpected pops of black thrown in.

Archer Quilt by Sharon McConnell with Etno fabrics by Pat Bravo

The Etno collection has some great blenders for adding to any quilt or sewing project, as well as some really unique designs. I think that pink and black paisley style print got the most comments from my posts on Instagram.

I am so happy to have the opportunity to be part of the blog tour and introduce this beautiful new fabric! You can see the other stops on the tour, Here. Many beautiful ideas for the Etno fabrics, including clothing, quilts, and fabric containers.

Have a happy week!

Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish Friday

Tags: , , ,

Comments

1. Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl April 6, 2015 at 9:53 am

Beautiful finish! This is a great quilt for showing off the fabric designs, and I really like the way you broke up the design with alternating stripes of solids.

2. Pat Bravo April 6, 2015 at 10:15 am

Beautiful Sharon! I love it ☺

3. Kathie L April 6, 2015 at 11:13 am

Love what you came up with.

4. Debbie April 6, 2015 at 11:54 am

Boy, this turned out so lovely! I really like your design and the Etno is a perfect fit! Very nice photo shoot too!

5. christaquilts April 6, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I love this one! It’s so graphic and modern!

6. Anita Carol Gambrell April 6, 2015 at 11:17 pm

My absolute new favorite quilt pattern! This turned out so great with these the perfect fabrics!! Love it!

7. em April 7, 2015 at 7:34 am

I ditto everyone above!!! I wish my straight quilting looked that perfect. I love thus pattern and is fun to have it be a different style from you.

8. Sharon April 7, 2015 at 8:05 am

I love this, and your bright fabrics are perfect all together.

9. Marija Vujcic April 7, 2015 at 10:48 am

Gorgeous quilt!! I love the triangles “broken” apart by strips – so cool!

10. Ruth April 8, 2015 at 9:00 am

Really like the movement up and down the lines as well as the triangles – looks great!

11. Denise Russell April 10, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Love the fabric choices… Great job!

12. molly brown April 10, 2015 at 6:30 pm

oooh, this is cool. i like your fresh fabrics and design!

13. Debbie H April 12, 2015 at 6:42 pm

I love the fabric and pattern. Gorgeous quilt.

14. Skopelos Fabric Showcase Quilt - Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell Blog Archive » Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell May 8, 2015 at 2:27 pm

[…] in two of these hops back to back, and it has made for quite a whirlwind sewing month of April! (Visit my post on my quilt made for Pat Bravo, with her new collection, […]

15. Archer Quilt Pattern Featured in Quilt Now - Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell Blog Archive » Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell October 17, 2015 at 8:06 am

[…] This month’s issue of Quilt Now Magazine features some beautiful quilts and other projects, including my Archer quilt and pattern. I made the Archer quilt last spring as part of the blog tour showing the new Etno fabric collection by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics. Be sure and look at this post for all the details and pretty pictures. […]

16. Etno Blog Tour│Final Recap • Pat Bravo April 11, 2017 at 7:07 pm

[…] Quilt Jam Sunday April 05th → Hilary Smith│Young Texan Mama Monday April 06th → Sharon McConnell│Color Girl Quilts Tuesday April 07th → Marija Vujcic│Marija’s Fabric Creation  Wednesday April 08th […]

17. Etno Blog Tour • Pat Bravo April 11, 2017 at 7:07 pm

[…] Quilt Jam Sunday April 05th → Hilary Smith│Young Texan Mama Monday April 06th → Sharon McConnell│Color Girl Quilts Tuesday April 07th → Marija Vujcic│Marija’s Fabric Creation Wednesday April […]