Mar

Finished Quilt! Gossamer Beauty

Gossamer quilt patchwork by Sharon McConnell, fabrics by Art Gallery Fabrics

I have a finished quilt to share! Miracle, huh? I am really proud of this quilt, the beauty of the colors and prints and the fun patchwork design. I made the Gossamer quilt in January for Quilt Now magazine and it appears in the newest issue going to subscribers now in the UK and hopefully coming to us the U.S. pretty soon.

I designed the quilt last winter and made another version of it, but I never showed it in hopes I could have the design published. When I saw Sharon Holland’s fabric collection, Gossamer, preview last fall on the Art Gallery Fabrics website, I knew it was the perfect choice for this pattern. Luckily, when I asked Katy Jones (the editor of Quilt Now), she agreed with me and made arrangement for me to get some of the fabric. It was beautifully quilted by Darby, of Quilted Squid. I owe her a big thanks for a quick turn-around and beautiful work, and thanks also to Art Gallery Fabrics for providing me with the Gossamer fabric.

Gossamer quilt patchwork by Sharon McConnell, fabrics by Art Gallery Fabrics

The Gossamer fabrics are currently available in quilt shops and they are seriously beautiful! I was really drawn to the soft colors and sweet basic prints. They have kind of a vintage look to them, like old sheets. There is not a great deal of contrast within the collection, so they work great in this design as a scrappy all-over patchwork background for the brighter pops of solid colors. I think the Gossamer fabrics would make a great addition to a “low volume” stash. Darby has better pictures of the quilting and close-ups of fabrics, Here.

Gossamer quilt patchwork by Sharon McConnell, fabrics by Art Gallery Fabrics

When I took these photos, prior to sending the quilt off to the UK, it was dead winter and one of the few decent days. Now the snow is melting, the tips of daffodil leaves are popping up and the sun is out. Perfect timing for sewing with Easter egg colors!

The pattern for Gossamer is published in Quilt Now this month. (Edit: the Gossamer pattern is now available on this site, click here)

Enjoy the brightening days this week. Spring, here we come!

linking up with TGIFF at Aylin-Nilya, and Link a Finish at Richard and Tanya

Comments

1. Judy March 14, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Congrats on another publication, Sharon! This is a beautiful quilt!

2. Sharon Holland March 14, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Sharon you’re right it reminds me of those wonderful, artistic utility quilts– soft and well loved. Your photos you took of the quilt are stunning. I am so glad you chose my Gossamer prints to be part of your quilt, beautiful job!

3. Peggy March 14, 2015 at 8:38 pm

I love all of your patterns. Congratulations!

4. Kath S March 14, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

5. Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl March 14, 2015 at 10:10 pm

What a lovely pattern and great use for the new fabric line. Congratulations on another publicaton!

6. gramk March 15, 2015 at 3:52 am

Love the,quilt and inspired use of fabric!

7. Karen March 15, 2015 at 6:40 am

Beautiful quilt, and I love your photographs! Congrats!

8. em March 15, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Congrats! We quilt together in 24 hours!!!!

9. Chris jurd March 15, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Beautiful quilt Sharon. And so exciting for you to see it in a mag.

10. Pam March 15, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Pretty pretty pretty!

11. VickiT March 18, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Gorgeous quilt. You did a wonderful job creating that. Congrats on the magazine!

12. Quilting Pattern Updates - Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell Blog Archive » Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell March 18, 2015 at 7:11 pm

[…] you all for the complimentary comments on my finished Gossamer quilt! I hope you are feeling as inspired as I am by the beautiful spring colors and welcome appearance […]

13. Maryse March 20, 2015 at 11:50 am

Your quilt is fabulous!! I enjoyed looking at all your beautiful pictures. 🙂

14. Julie Stocker March 20, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Very, very nice quilt! It’s just so delicate looking. Congratulations on your pattern publish!

Julie @ Pink Doxies

15. Quilt Now issue 9 Featuring Gossamer - Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell Blog Archive » Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell March 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm

[…] Now has landed in the United States! So excited to share this issue with you…including my Gossamer Quilt pattern (on the cover!) I was utterly shocked when Katy emailed to tell me my quilt was going to be […]

16. Quilt Now Featuring "Pops!" Quilt - Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell Blog Archive » Color Girl Quilts by Sharon McConnell April 26, 2015 at 8:48 pm

[…] how the months go by! It seems I just told you about my Gossamer Quilt in issue 9 of Quilt Now and here we are on issue 10. This issue is running on the theme of bright […]