Patchwork, Polka Dot Bikini, Polka Dot Bikini QAL, Sponsors, Work in progress

Bikini: One Pattern, Three Quilts

Welcome to the last check in day of the Polka Dot Bikini Quilt-Along! Of course, I am so happy to finally show you my finished top. I show you some little peeks along the way, but wanted the final design to be  surprise. What do you think?
My wonderful sponsor, Canton Village Quilt Works is offering a $25 gift certificate to one reader today. Keep reading for details….

Is anyone else finished with their top? I would love to see what you are creating. Be sure and use #bikiniquilt on instagram or add to the Color Girl Quilts flickr group.

I have it basted and (fingers crossed) hope to have it quilted by the end of the QAL May 30th.

If  you were afraid of piecing curves before starting this quilt, you know by now that they are not difficult at all! This quilt will give you plenty of practice…and the results are so worth it.

I love how this new design is so different from the original:

and from the variation I designed for my mom to make:

Does this get you excited to make your own?  You can do it.

For a chance to win the $25 gift certificate to CVQW, leave a comment on this post telling me what you like best in the shop. For me it’s this Kaffe Fasset print. She also carries a kit for the Bikini Quilt, and a blogger bundle chosen by Me.

If you are working on a Bikini quilt, be sure and let me know in a second comment where I can find you to visit (blog, instagram, flickr, Facebook, etc), and do post a picture or entry about the Polka Dot Bikini.

Have a great weekend!

13 thoughts on “Bikini: One Pattern, Three Quilts

1. Samantha says:

I love the polka dot bikini quilt kit. It is so bright and fun.

2. Terri Ann says:

Wish I’d known about your quilt along! I’m terrified of curves but I’m bookmarking your QAL so I can come back and try it again. I rather enjoy going back to old QAL and following along months later, you learn from everyones comments 🙂

3. I so want the bikini kit. Those are my most favorite colors!!! Bring it on….

4. Karen M says:

Thanks so much to you and Jackie for the chance to win. I love her selection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, but I would most love to have the Bikini quilt kit.

5. Leeanne says:

beautiful, I love the different variations.

6. Em says:

Printed my bikini tonight and am excited! and really scared. May be a project for when we all play together in August and celebrate yours hanging in Portland!!! I got the time off!!!!!!

7. lindak21 says:

The Kona Roll Ups are calling me…the Pacific is a great combo as is the Sunrise…and then there’s the ultimate…the Bikini Kit!!! YES! Can I have 3 favorites? ha!

8. Bonny says:

I love her Tula Pink Premium Collection 12 Large Spools 50wt Cotton set! I’ve been eyeing them for a bit 🙂

9. I especially love the blue/gold/orange combo. What a versatile pattern. I would have buy one of the roll-ups (it would be my first!) I am loving the summer ’13.

10. Bari B says:

Definitely the Kaffe Fassett Spot On Fat Quarter Bundle – love those colors!

11. Barbe says:

like you its a kaffe print for me, Lilac – Plum i’m really liking all of the new 2014. the polka dot bikini is still on my bucket list, i really do want to make one.

12. I like the handwork… Colorful and attractive..

barrow upholstery fabric

13. Lilia says:

Hi every one, here every one is sharing these kinds of familiarity,
    therefore it’s pleasant to read this blog, and I used to pay a quick visit this web site all the
    time.

Here is my web-site :: google adwords keywords