Finished Quilts, Marcelle Medallion QAL, Patchwork

Finished! Marcelle Medallion Quilt

it is finally finished!
I had my Marcelle Medallion quilted professionally, so it took a little bit. I posted about the finished top back in September, but I just go it back and bound! (thanks for the binding help, mom)
It now resides at Quilt Beginnings, in Columbus, as the sample for a class I am teaching. If you are in the central Ohio area, I am doing a monthly class (six months starting next Friday, February 21) on making this quilt…consider joining me!

This quilt is really fun to make. It is no wonder it’s popularity exploded last year. I so enjoyed making it, in fact, that I was inspired to go on to do the Midnight at the Oasis medallion quilt right after.

I want to show off the quilting a bit. See that above? do you think the quilting looks like safety pins?
This gorgeous quilting was done by Jane Williams (A Lady in Thread) in Columbus, Ohio.
See more of the quilting below:

A large bit of the fabric I used for this came from the Urban Mod collection by Art Gallery Fabrics, along with some from Indian Summer, also by Art Gallery, among others. The binding is the floral fabric used in the center setting triangles and next to last border.
I did a lot of my own little variations (nobody is surprised by that) to make it to my own taste and keep things interesting. You can see more posts about the piecing of this quilt by clicking on the post dates below. Enjoy!
July 10, 2013 (drafting the center star as a paper piecing pattern)
August 20, 2013 (making the “brick” border)
Happy Finish it up!
Celebrating with Sarah with a WHOOP WHOOP!
Finish it up Friday with Amanda Jean

Craftsy

16 thoughts on “Finished! Marcelle Medallion Quilt

1. mc says:

Wow this is beautiful!

2. It looks gorgeous! The fabrics you chose are beautiful.

3. Libby Smith says:

I love everything about your quilt — fresh, modern, unique — can’t say enough. Great job. Wish I lived close enough to take your class. QB is one of my favorite shops.

4. This quilt is gorgeous! I love the color combination. Your quilter did a fantastic job as well!

5. Your quilt is gorgeous, you must be so happy with it! And the quilting is fantastic — wow!!!

6. Jessica says:

That’s a beautiful quilt, I love the split border behind the crosses.

7. Stitchified says:

What a beautiful combination of colors, piecing and quilting! I only wish I lived in Ohio so I could take your class 🙂

8. Renee says:

Beautiful quilt! I love the colors you chose!

9. apple slice says:

beautiful fabrics and quilt! nice nice job!!

10. Sara says:

A beautiful quilt to celebrate! Love the peach and blue a whole lot!

11. Beth says:

I LOVE your quilt. Pattern, fabrics and the quilting. Looks wonderful too.

12. Oh wow, it’s fantastic, Sharon! What a fabulous colour palette and the quilting is wonderful. I’d have a hard time parting with that quilt, even just temporarily. So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

13. Rachaeldaisy says:

Wow!! That is just the most beautiful quilt!! Such wonderful fabric choices! Fabulous quilting too!!

14. Jazzie says:

It is really lovely, I love the way you combine the colors as well as the design in this quilt. This would be a perfect gift to my daughter who just gave birth to beautiful baby girl.

Dressmaking materials fabric