Nov

Bikini Quilt is on at Jenny’s

Good Morning!
I am pleased to be able to share the progress on my Bikini Bottoms quilt. Visit Jenny’s blog to see lots of pictures of her quilting. She is so incredibly talented!
I am so excited to get this one back.
Just popping in with this post to answer some questions I am getting from people about this design. One person is a no-reply blogger, so I wanted to make sure they had a response if they read this.
I did not use any pattern for this quilt, it is my own design. If you have been following my blog for a year or more (there aren’t many of you!), I posted a lot about making this quilt and had tutorials up. I took the tutorials down because I want to make a pattern for this and/or host a quilt along on my blog.
The fabrics: prints are mostly Kaffe Fassett dots with a few of his other prints, plus I also used some of the Art Gallery Oval Elements, too. The Solids are a variety that I received as part of the monthly Solids Club from Pink Chalk Fabrics last year. They had a subscription program where you got a bundle of solids in a given color each month.
You can find my other posts on this quilt here:
Thank you all so much for the kind compliments! I am as anxious as you are to watch Jenny work her magic.

Comments

1. Ellen November 1, 2013 at 3:28 pm

It is a gorgeous quilt!

2. LynCC November 1, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I *knew* I recognized that quilt when I scrolled past Jenny’s latest work! 😀 How fun to have her quilt it. I’m excited to see you get it back!!

3. angela November 1, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Thanks Sharon! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

4. Nifty Quilts November 1, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Wow! I’ve loved this quilt. But now, with the quilting, I’m gasping for air!

5. Catherine Pritchard November 2, 2013 at 7:04 am

OMG thats so beautiful. I love the detailed quilting, amazing!

6. Catherine Pritchard November 2, 2013 at 7:05 am

OMG thats so beautiful. I love the detailed quilting, amazing!

7. Leila November 2, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Please, write a pattern or quilt along. It is Amazing!!!

8. Crickets Corner November 2, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Thanks to Jenny I found your blog and am now a follower. I LOVE your quilt and Jenny’s quilting is enhancing the pattern perfectly. It’s one of those that you see at a show and just stand there and marvel at. Please do a pattern or a quilt along. Can’t wait to see it totally completed.

9. Quilting Dee November 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Sharon, love your work! Am now a follower, thanks to Jenny’s blog.

10. Patti November 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Congratulations on an amazing quilt! love how Jenny quilted it too! I’m so happy to hear that you are working on a pattern and possible QAL!

11. Auntie Pami November 2, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Absolutely amazing! I love the colors, the textures and of course the quilting!

12. Diane November 2, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Would love to participate in a QAL if you host one or PLEASE write up a pattern!!!

13. Linh November 3, 2013 at 12:50 am

I love love love this quilt can’t wait for the qal and am definitely a new follower on bloglovin. Definitely the inspiration I needed to get back on my sewing feet. If you need a pattern tester I would definitely be more then willing. Linhs4real@aol.com

14. Cindy November 3, 2013 at 1:38 am

Your design and quilt are both amazing! Can’t wait to see the completed quilt. You should really consider entering it into a competitive show!

15. LJ November 3, 2013 at 2:42 am

I am definitely interested in this quilt as a pattern. It is totally awesome. Jenny’s quilting is fabulous. When you come up with the pattern, I hope you’ll also share some of your blogging posts about the quilt. I’m a new follower.

16. Kris November 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Sharon, I would love it if you did a QAL I just love love love this quilt. I have a niece that I think is going to be working on baby number 2 in the coming year and I really want to make this. It is so beautiful. I know Jenny’s quilting from seeing some of her other pieces and it is just phenomenal. I would have to start soon just to hope I could have a finished project like this. Please let me know if you make a pattern or QAL. I am ready to jump in …NOW! 🙂
    I am going to read your other posts about it. Lovely design.

17. Kim Johnson November 3, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I so hope you write a pattern for this!!!!! Your choose of colors design and the quilting make it a spectacular quilt!

18. SIMPLESEW November 3, 2013 at 2:09 pm

its gorgeous

19. Melissa November 3, 2013 at 3:18 pm

It turned out so beautifully Sharon! Congratulations! Can’t wait for the QAL if you decide to host one 🙂

20. Francis November 3, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I saw your quilt on Jenny’s blog. I kept wondering about the amazing person who pieced this quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love your color selection. She did a fantastic job in quilting your masterpiece. I would love to have a pattern or kit for this. fmoore11589@comcast.net

21. Tammy November 3, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Gorgeous. The quilting is amazeing also.

22. Laura November 4, 2013 at 3:19 am

are you going to do a quiltalong? this is one that I might actually join! love your work!

23. Em November 4, 2013 at 6:22 am

Hi Sharon. I posted on my blog about this qhilt and it was fun to have a friend of mine comment she had been following the quilting of this on Sew Kind of Wonderful and did not realize you were my sis. Kudos to u sweetie, it us marvellous!

24. Linda R November 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm

What a Beautiful Quilt. The colours are stunning!!! The quilting also “brings it to life”.
    I might be interested in a Quilt Along also……….Love – Love – Love the quilt 🙂

25. Lisa November 4, 2013 at 3:16 pm

This quilt is unbelievable! I just love it. You should enter it at the NYC Metro Mod sponsored DWR challenge.

26. suemac November 4, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I saw your quilt on your sister’s blog. Amazing.

27. Nick November 5, 2013 at 3:47 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

28. Cindy MW November 5, 2013 at 6:02 am

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS QUILT, please put me down for a pattern when you make one. I loved seeing Jennys tutorial Video on quilting this and I see she has blogged out Quilting another Masterpiece of yours today. Love your work and Jennys.
    Cheers, Cindy. 🙂

29. Eileen Gianiodis November 6, 2013 at 12:56 am

I saw this picture on Instagram I think from Jenny and I said … I know that quilt! It looks AWESOME and totally makes me want to try one like it. Great work!

30. April's Creations NC November 7, 2013 at 12:38 am

sooooo pretty, LOVE these colors!!!

31. Michelle November 7, 2013 at 2:09 am

This quilt is absolutely stunning and I want in if you do it as a quilt along. I’ve never done one but this quilt screams “make one like me!!”

32. Mary S November 8, 2013 at 3:33 am

I would love to get a copy of this pattern as well as do a QAL

33. barbara woods November 8, 2013 at 10:06 pm

that looks great

34. April's Creations NC November 9, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Raring to go for a QAL, those make you get the quilt done and you get to see everyone’s wonderful quilts too! A pattern would be wonderful too!

35. Cecilia Martin November 10, 2013 at 5:21 am

Simply amazing color choices, design and quilting!

36. CraftyDeb December 8, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I’d also be up for a quilt along. I don’t say that often but your quilt is one that I’d actually do! It’s gorgeous and I’m a sucker for a curve quilt.

37. Leann Thoresen July 26, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Thank you for sharing this wonderful quilt. I only learned of it today from a friend and so glad I did. I am eager to learn more about you, your blog, and your quilts. Again, many thanks.

38. Jean August 3, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I would like to buy your pattern for the bikini quilt. The pay pal site is not working for my credit card, I’ve tried it several times. May I call you to place my order? Jean spring